Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
A fifteen-year-old boy was injured in a car accident when the minivan he was traveling in was hit by a pickup truck at an intersection. The boy was taken to a nearby hospital. The paramedics said that it appeared that the boy had nothing more serious than a broken left leg, but that internal injuries were always a possibility. The boy was conscious and alert. His mother, who was driving, was uninjured. She said that the truck appeared out of nowhere, and she thought she was going to die. She turned the steering wheel sharply to the left, and the truck hit her minivan on the passenger side.
The driver of the truck was a 50-year-old man who was unemployed and apparently had been drinking—police found 18 empty beer cans inside the truck. The man denied drinking, but he failed the police test for sobriety. When asked to touch his nose with his arms outstretched and eyes closed, he was unable to touch any part of his head.
The handcuffed man asked the police if they knew where “Mabel” was as he was put into the back seat of the police vehicle. The police asked him if Mabel was his wife. He said, “She’s my dog, my dog! Where’s my baby?” A dog with a collar, but no identification, was found minutes later, half a block away. The man was taken to the city jail and booked on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and on causing an accident.
|< Önceki||Sonraki >|
- Gogol'un Sanatsal Özellikleri ve Hiciv Sanatı
- Kümeler Konusu Yıllık Ödevi
- Matematik Bilim Adamları Ödevi (12 Matematik Adamı)
- Harfli İfadeler Ve Çarpanlara Ayırma Ödevi
- İki Ünlü Matematikçinin Hayatı ve Çalışmaları (Pisagor ve Öklid)
- Asal Sayılar Örneklerle Konu Anlatımı
- Görünmez Tehlike: Bilgisayarlar
- Adıyaman İli Tarihi ve Turistik Yerleri
- Türkiye'nin Turizm Potansiyeli
- Sevdalinka (Ayşe KULİN) Kitap Özeti