A woman decorating her Christmas tree Monday was shot in her left arm when a bullet went through her living room window. Police said the incident occurred about 5:00 p.m. A .22 caliber shell casing was found across the street from the victim's home. Police did not find a weapon in the vicinity.
Mrs. Wilma Johnson was treated at a local hospital and allowed to go home. A hospital spokesman said she should recover nicely. She is in her late 50s, divorced, and living with Bob, the older of her two adult sons. Bob wasn’t home at the time of the shooting.
Police will patrol the area more frequently as a result of this shooting. They don't know if the shooting was intentional or accidental. They are asking the public to help if they know anything. They interviewed the neighbors. One neighbor said he heard a gunshot, but in this neighborhood, he said, he was used to hearing gunshots.
The police also questioned Mrs. Johnson’s ex-husband, Joe, who lives three blocks away. Joe said if he was going to shoot at his ex-wife, he’d make sure he shot her in her butt. “That’s a target you could hit from a mile away,” he laughed. Despite such remarks, the police spokesperson said Joe is not a suspect at this time.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Victory Dance Leads to Death (Seviye 56)
- Woman Lies About Winning Lottery (Seviye 55)
- The Mysterious Carport Stain (Seviye 54)
- Fishing Boat Sinks, Everyone Saved (Seviye 53)
- Man Fatally Stabbed Outside Nightclub (52)
- Fishing for Girls (Seviye 50)
- Pilot Killed as Plane Crashes into House (Seviye 49)
- Woman Dies in House Fire (Seviye 48)
- Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool (Seviye 47)
- SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying (Seviye 46)