A small plane crashed into a house Sunday afternoon, killing the pilot and destroying half of the home. The family inside the house escaped without injury.The single-engine airplane crashed about 5:30 p.m. The pilot, the only one in the plane, was trying to make an emergency landing at the airport.
The pilot’s body was found on the bed in the master bedroom. The plane crashed into one end of the house, where the three bedrooms were. That part of the house was wrecked. The Carols, who own the house, were all at home eating dinner.
“Oh, my gosh,” said Mrs. Carol, “I thought the world had come to an end. I never heard such a loud sound. We all ducked under the table, thinking it was another earthquake. When nothing else happened, we got brave and decided to investigate.”
They immediately called 911 when they discovered the cause of the thunderous sound. The family was lucky because there was no fire. Authorities suspect that a lack of fuel contributed to the crash. Mr. Carol said that they might have to move out until they can get the house repaired. The police will release the pilot’s name after they have notified his next of kin.
|< Prev||Next >|
- The Mysterious Carport Stain (Seviye 54)
- Fishing Boat Sinks, Everyone Saved (Seviye 53)
- Man Fatally Stabbed Outside Nightclub (52)
- Woman Shot Next to Her Christmas Tree (51)
- Fishing for Girls (Seviye 50)
- Woman Dies in House Fire (Seviye 48)
- Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool (Seviye 47)
- SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying (Seviye 46)
- A School Girl Sues Her School (Seviye 45)
- Cameras in Police Cars (Seviye 44)